Abbie Bikes Britain
2000 miles | 15 National Parks | A mission to create lasting change
- Our route begins in John O'Groats, Scotland, on the 30th August.
- We will then be travelling south, with Lands End in Cornwall being our final destination. A total of over 2000 miles.
- Along the way we will hit each National Park in the UK - 15 in total.
- At each National Park we will walk to the highest point. For more information on each National Park, please see below.
- We are talking and presenting to schools along the way about the project and it's aims and goals.
- We expect the entire expedition to take around 55 days.
The National Parks
The UK has 15 National Parks.
- They have been designated on behalf of the entire nation because of their special qualities.
- Conservation, Enhancement, Sustainability, Enjoyment – four words that sit at the heart of all National Parks.
- The first to be established in the UK was the Peak District, Snowdonia, Lake District and Dartmoor in 1951.