Sat, Sep 16|
WILD Bushcraft Weekend
Join Abbie and Devon and Cornwall Bushcraft for a fun and informative WILD Bushcraft Weekend! Discover the arts of natural navigation, fire lighting, bread making and cooking, priorities of survival, shelter building, identifying edibles, and more!
Time & Location
Sep 16, 2023, 10:00 AM – Sep 17, 2023, 10:00 AM
Bovey Tracey, Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot TQ13, UK
About The Event
This event will take place at the Devon and Cornwall Bushcraft site near Bovey Tracey, Exeter. The day will begin with introductions and some basic housekeeping, followed by a walk in the woods to shake off any travel stiffness and settle into our location for the weekend. We will then spend the day looking at a variety of skills, including natural navigation basics, fire lighting, safe tool use, cooking over a fire, priorities of survival, and shelter building.
The evening culminates with a relaxed social time around the campfire. We will then sleep in the woods overnight. Please feel free to bring a tent just in case we are unable to get around to the shelter building! All equipment and food is provided including sleeping bags and tents and everything is sanitised and issued individually.
If you prefer, please feel free to bring your own tent or sleep in a bivy bag. Snacks and refreshments are also available throughout. A clothing list will be provided nearer the time.
Bushcraft is the practice of cultivating survival skills to live in and off the land using primitive tools and techniques. The goal of our WILD weekend is to build:
- Self-sufficiency: Learning bushcraft skills allows you to be more self-sufficient in the wilderness, enabling you to survive without modern conveniences and technology.
- Connection with nature: Bushcraft requires spending time outdoors, which can help you develop a deeper connection with nature and increase your appreciation for the natural world.
- Physical activity: Many bushcraft skills require physical exertion, which can provide an excellent workout and improve overall physical fitness.
- Problem-solving: Bushcraft requires improvisation and creative problem-solving skills, which can translate to other areas of life and improve critical thinking abilities.
- Mental health: Spending time in nature and practising bushcraft can have a positive impact on mental health, reducing stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Sustainability: Bushcraft emphasises sustainable living and the responsible use of natural resources, promoting environmental conservation and protection.
- Have fun: bushcraft is a fantastic way to build self-resilience through learning new skills and having fun.
Overall, practising bushcraft can have a range of benefits for both physical and mental health, as well as fostering a deeper connection to nature and promoting sustainable living practices.
As with all WILD events, this event needs a minimum of 5 bookings to take place.
Date and time: Saturday 16th September 2023 at 10am - Sunday 17th September 2023 at 10am
Start/finish location: Full address to be share very soon!
Getting to car park:
Best to use GoogleMaps for access.
There is a ground-level composting toilet on site, aka a hole in the ground with supports :) All loo roll and sanitation provided.
Any issues or questions re toilet then polease get in touch as we are aware this can be a major factor in enjoyment for many.
Our events are weather dependent. The weather can play a major role in our enjoyment of a day and in some cases can present a real danger. We always review the weather forecast in detail the day before and will send you an email and text if we have to change any plans. This is however only likely if we feel heading out will put us at real risk. Please check the forecast for yourself and come prepared for whatever the weather! You should come fully kitted out for a full day and overnight in whatever weather is forecast.
Food and Drink:
Please ensure you make us aware of any allergies for this event. Bring a bottle for water. If you have any questions or need any help/advice with what food to bring, please feel able to get in touch. More info on food will be released soon.
No Drug and Alcohol Policy:
Spend More Time In The WILD has been set up in order to inspire and motivate followers to head outside for the benefit of mental and physical health. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and secure space for anyone walking out a journey of freedom from addiction and substance abuse and as such have a strict no drug or alcohol policy on our walks and camping events.
By Us: In the rare case that we have to cancel an event, you will be notified by email and offered a full refund. We may cancel up to 12 hours ahead of an event due to personal injury or safety concerns re the weather and will notify you by email.
By You: We require a 60 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival, otherwise we will charge you cancellation fee as below.
- 75% of your total amount will be charged if you notify us about your cancellation or any changes by 60 days to 7 days before your scheduled arrival.
- 100% of your total amount will be charged if you do not notify us about your cancellation or any changes within 7 days.
If you have any questions regarding the walk or booking, please get in touch via email@example.com. You will be supplied with a contact number for emergency use on the day of the walk in your booking package.
Book Your Place£140.00+£3.50 service fee