Walks and Weekend Events
WILD Walks in 2021
Our diary for 2021 has changed significantly as a result of the outbreak of Covid-19. We will not be running an independent walks through WILD this year, however, we are running walks to the highest point of each National Park from August 2021 as part of Abbie Bikes Britain. Find out more here.
If you would like to find out more about how our WILD Walks and Weekend Events have run in the past, please see below.
Why join a WILD walk?
Our WILD walks are designed to offer an informal, stress-free day out and about in the beauty of the natural world. There's countless reasons why we think you would love to join us - here's just a few.
Social: our walks are a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and talk all things outdoors and adventure!
Health: walking is a fantastic way to help maintain a healthy body weight, prevent various conditions such a heart disease and high blood pressure, strengthen bones and muscles, and improve balance and coordination.
Wellbeing: spending time in nature or enjoying a good walk can do wonders for your mental wellbeing. Other benefits include improved self-perception and self-esteem, mood and sleep quality, and reduction in stress, anxiety and fatigue.
Adventure: our walks are designed to pass through some of the most scenically spectacular and wildlife-rich areas in the UK. Along the way you'll learn about the history of the area you are walking through and occasionally get to enjoy some local cuisine!
If you're still in doubt, why not drop us a message and we'll do our best to help!
Hire Abbie | Personalised Hiking Packages
If your company is looking to offer a wellbeing or team-building day, then walking in the hills can be a fantastic place to start.
Or perhaps you have a group of friends who would like to head out on your first camping adventure, but need help planning.
Whatever your reason for heading out into the WILD, we want to be there to support you.
We offer personalised hiking packages and guiding for companies, events and small groups.
Please email us for more information and a personalised quote:
Examples of Past Events
- Sun, Mar 15Cliff Top Car ParkMar 15, 2020, 9:45 AMCliff Top Car Park, Common Hill, Beer, Seaton EX12, UKJoin us for a 10 mile walk through the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site following the South West Coastal Path from Beer to Weston. We'll take in Beer Head, Hooken Undercliff and Beach, Branscombe Mouth and village, and Berry Camp Fort along the way.
- Sat, Mar 14Quantock Hills - Crowcombe Park GateMar 14, 2020, 11:00 AMQuantock Hills - Crowcombe Park Gate, Nearest postcode: TA4 4ABIn just 8 miles, this walk reveals the truly remarkable nature of the Quantock Hills. Enjoy a mixture of exposed heathland lined with heather, tranquil combes with bubbling streams and ancient woodland, and far-reaching views over the rolling Somerset countryside.
- Sun, Nov 17Quantock HillsNov 17, 2019, 10:00 AMQuantock Hills, Nearest postcode - TA4 3DYLooking for some breathing space? Our stunning 11 mile circular walk around the southern end of the Quantock Hills AONB is one not to miss. We will venture over Wills Neck, the highest point on the range, explore tiny hamlets, and immerse ourselves in the wild Great Wood.
- Sun, Aug 04RingsteadAug 04, 2019, 10:30 AMRingstead, Nearest postcode, DT2 8NQFollowing the South West Coastal Path from above Ringstead to the famed Durdle Door arch and Lulworth Cove, this wonderful walk combines extraordinary coastal views with dramatic climbs. Be prepared to get your heart rate up and have your breath taken away by this incredible natural landscape.
- Sat, Jul 13Exmoor National ParkJul 13, 2019, 10:20 AM – Jul 14, 2019, 6:00 PMExmoor National Park, Withypool, Minehead TA24 7QP, UKJoin us for a WILD Weekend Away in Exmoor National Park, with two day walks exploring some of the most stunning landscapes and archaeological sites in the area, and an overnight camp in the blissful Doone Valley.
- Sun, Apr 21Isle of Portland
"I've been on a few of Abbie's walks. They are always well thought out to show you the best of what is on offer. No matter the weather, they are always well worth the trip." - Craig
"Fantastic experience! I’ve done a few of Abbie’s WILD walks. I really enjoy them and always learn something new. Abbie is a very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and caring guide who works hard to ensure the group enjoys the day as much as possible." - Bridget
"There is no better way to explore our beautiful landscapes and coastlines than with the inspirational and super knowledgeable Abbie! An awesome way to meet like minded people, spend time outside and appreciate spectacular views to take your breath away. Get involved!" - Ellie
“I’ve enjoyed walking/hiking for years but usually just head off alone with no particular route in mind, basically go where my heart takes me. The weekend walk around Portland really opened my eyes to group walking, so much so that I’m already looking forward to the next event. I found my fellow walkers a very pleasant bunch and enjoyed their company and conversation. Abbie, your passion for the great outdoors was abundant, as was you local knowledge. Your enthusiasm for all things nature was infectious and I’m grateful to you for your willingness to share it.” - Shaun
"Thank you for a brilliant day out on Sunday. I’ve been walking solo for years or with a couple of friends but never in a group, and felt this was a fantastic introduction and an interesting and varied route. I also would like to commend your professionalism, in particular being aware of safety and our welfare. Thank you also for getting hold of me and waiting for me when I wasn’t in the correct car park!" - James
“Thank you so much Abbie for such a great days walking. It was a privilege to be able to walk with you & a lovely group of people. Thank you for sharing your knowledge of the history of Dartmoor etc. I thought it was great how you bring everyone together at both ends of the walk to introduce ourselves & talk about the positives we’d gained from being on the walk. Such a feel good experience. Thank you & hope to walk with you again soon. 😃👣” - Emma
:A very well planned out route with a great group of people. If you enjoy walking I would recommend going along to the next walk to meet some new people and hear some experiences from like minded people." - Dave