Abbie runs one of the leading outdoor channels on YouTube and as such there is something for everyone! From day walking adventures and feature-length documentaries following footpaths and trails around the world, hiking tips, gear reviews, wild foods and foraging ideas, mindfulness activities, wee canoeing trips, and much more.
One of the goals of Spend More Time In The WILD is to build a solid resource of films documenting hikes around the world in order to leave the viewer not just inspired, but empowered through education and knowledge, almost like a visual guidebook.
Abbie's videos should leave you with enough information to know whether a trek is for you, relating to the time the hike will take based upon distance and strenuosity, the facilities available, best season to walk, and perhaps most importantly, how you can give back to the lands and communities you have travelled through.
Do take your time looking around at the various playlists available.
Be sure to subscribe and click the bell for announcements!
New videos are uploaded every other Monday.
Check out my 2020 highlights reel showcasing some of the things we can cover in 356 days
Projects and Playlists
Here is a list of trails Abbie has hiked around the world:
- The Kungsleden, Sweden 2023 (in edit)
- Grand Paradiso and Mont Blanc, Alps 2023 (in edit)
- Haute Route, Alps 2023 (in edit)
- Alta Via 1, Italian Dolomites 2023 (in edit)
- Snowdonia Way, Wales 2023 (in edit)
- Skye Trail, Scotland 2023 (in edit)
- Affric Kintail Way, Scotland 2023 (in edit)
Playlists on YouTube
We have a diverse array of day-walking films, gear reviews, and much more:
Here is a list of the gear Abbie has been shooting on since 2018:
- Sony A7iii
- Canon M50
- Rode VideoMicro
- Rode Wireless Go
- GoPro Hero 7 & 8
- DJI Osmo Action Camera
- Canon 70D with Rode VideoMic Pro
- Samsung S8 & S10
- Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminium Tripod
- K&F Concept Carbon Fiber Tripod
- Different lenses for Sony and Canon